What we did in 2020:
TOGETHER! Since we couldn’t be in the same place, we shared virtual experiences.
- We zoomed for 3 Dhamma Talks on Saturday and Sunday.
- Pilgrims created self-supported routes for solo riders or small groups.
- The routes visited a spiritually meaningful location.
- At the route destinations, we did short sits in honor of that sacred place.
- Dharmawheels collected Dana for our historical centers and to centers of your request.
Here are videos from Dharmawheels board members:
The details of how it worked
Step 1: Strava. This step is optional. What’s Strava? It’s a free app for phones and laptops. It’s a social media platform for tracking activities via GPS. It’s a place to share photos. We created a club. Join here: https://www.strava.com/clubs/dharmawheels-491482
Step 2: Plan Your Route. Since we can’t get together for a big ride, you’re going to come up with your own! Maybe it’s a route that loops to a spiritual center near you, or a place where you feel a distinct connection for dharma teachings to sink in. At your destination, take a moment to honor the Sangha and their transmission of the practice.
Step 3: Sign up! Yes, we need you to sign up so we can predict bandwidth for the Zoom sessions. Please join us: Register Here
Step 4: Share. We have a place for you to upload short videos if you’re are inspired to share with our community. What does this practice mean to you? How have you been affected with the teachings on your ride? Or just say “Hello!”