April 9, 2022 – Saturday (show at 8:30am, go at 9:00am)
For notifications, subscribe to a social media accounts. See links on the homepage.
Route: Mount Diablo
Skill: intermediate & advanced
Contact: Vlado 510.816.0653
Meet up: 2.2 miles from the Walnut Creek BART at Peets coffee (1835 Ygnacio valley road In Ygnacio Plaza opposite Heather Farm park.
Forecast: expect temperatures around 78 Degrees. Hot on the climb!
Route: total time 5+ hours, total distance 33 miles:
- Ride 700 yards East along Ygnacio.
- Turn Right on Walnut for 1.5 miles
- Turn right onto Castle Rock for 200 feet
- Turn left onto North Gate road for 1 mile to the north gate entrance of mount Diablo State park.
- Continue 6.7 further miles on North gate Road with 2000 feet elevation gain to the Diablo Junction Ranger Station. (Get more water here)
- Continue 4.5 miles on the summit road 1700 feet elevation gain. You are at the top!